Applications for Art for Justice Fund support are currently accepted by invitation only.
We expect our next round of funding to occur in 2018. Likely candidates for Art for Justice Fund support include nonprofit 501(c)3 social justice, educational and arts organizations that align with our grantmaking strategy.
While we are grateful for all the work being done to shift policy and perception around mass incarceration, the Art for Justice Fund does not accept unsolicited proposals and will not presently make grants to:
- Individual social service and alternative to incarceration programs that do not engage policy reforms or structural change.
- Individual college in-prison or re-entry programs, outside of a larger public/private initiative.
- Academic research not connected to specific public policy campaigns or model programs.
- Film or photography projects that do not emerge from specific public policy campaigns or model programs.
- Art or writing projects that are not solicited or commissioned by Art for Justice.